A high-quality nickel deposit, a genuine performance culture, controlled costs and a demanding sustainable development policy: Koniambo Nickel embodies a country's dream.
It all began with a dream: a world-class industry built upon respect for the environment and people.
Based in the North Province of New Caledonia, Koniambo Nickel SAS operates a world-class industrial complex which, at peak production, will make New Caledonia one of the world's largest nickel producers.
Thanks to a high-grade nickel deposit, Koniambo Nickel forecasts long-term, low-cost operations, governed by a very demanding sustainable development policy.
With its origins enmeshed in New Caledonia's history, this industrial complex is a powerful driver for New Caledonia's economic and social development and and is helping to build its future.
- • Koniambo Nickel operates a world-class industrial site that functions according to the principles of sustainable development and ensures a competitive cost-price to position us as one of the world’s most competitive ferronickel producers.
- • Through its direct and induced activities, Koniambo Nickel is an economic rebalancing factor, generating positive and long-term economic returns for its shareholders, for the North Province and for New Caledonia.
- Safely ramp up all of Koniambo Nickel’s facilities to their nameplate production capacity :
- while upholding our quality and cost objectives, and
- while holding our communities and environment in very high regard.
- Our values express our convictions and nourish our common culture :
- • Health and safety. We make personal health and safety a core value
- • Respect. Our respect for others is absolute, and we consider diversity an asset
- • Performance. We are committed to achieving a production-cost performance that guarantees economic benefits
- • Pride. We are proud to contribute to the growth and sustainability of Koniambo Nickel
- • Sustainable. We respect our communities and environment
- • Integrity and rigorous compliance. Our conduct is honest, transparent, professional, accountable and rigorous
The strategic focus
The strategic focus for Koniambo going forward is to build a business with sound long-term fundamentals: environmental management approaches that limit impact, dialogue with local communities, and a solid economic base. This means the benefits of the business will flow for generations to come.
2015 will be a year of Consolidation :
1 - Improve safety performance for employees and contractors
2 - Continue existing environmental management and rehabilitation program
3 - Ensure air and water quality are maintained through changes to site operations
4 - Enhance community dialogue and information during the transition to a leaner, more sustainable business
5 - Continue to support and develop our people and communities
Our industrial complex